Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A little late but a good post nontheless.

A little late posting about my entry into the American Academy of Equine Art's Fall Showcase from September, 2015. Last fall 2 of my graphite works were juried into this show and sold on opening night "Salute" and "Turning the Wheel" both 9" by 12" graphite on Strathmore Rag Paper. Images below. I needed to reformat my computer yesterday and in process do not have easy access to my images. Tomorrow is another day and I can put them up assp. Currently fighting with Facebook. I've been locked out for days. Crazy computer angst. I wasn't even hacked, just reformatted and lost my sign in info. On the pretty good news front, I am one of 4 finalists for the Wisconsin State Fairtastic Poster Competition. A good deal of time has been spent working on my design and presenting drafts. Today was the final jury and I was told it was a tight jury between my piece and the winning artist's piece. Darn........ So close... My piece will be on display at the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds the first 2 weeks in August. It was a fun project, though taxing. I made it very detailed and went though a lot of brushes. Not sure if I can post the image yet, so I won't. Also last summer I was again juried into the New Visions Gallery, Culture and Agriculture exhibit in Marshfield Wi. That's 6 in a row. I'm hoping to get another piece done for this year's upcoming exhibit

No comments: